Job Description commodity analyst
Commodities Analysts work closely with Portfolio Managers to generate commodity investment ideas based on fundamental research and data analysis. Successful analysts are given greater responsibility and input into investment decisions, with the ultimate goal of growing into a Portfolio Manager role.
- Generate investment ideas based on fundamental research and data analysis
- Build detailed fundamental commodity supply and demand models
- Develop and expand analytics tools and processes while staying on top of market research and insights
- Model commodity data for specific markets and produce ad hoc analysis based on short-term market developments
- Evaluate and improve data quality